1Password no longer profiles websites

Options
rgood
rgood
Community Member

My 1Password no longer prefills websites on Safari or Google Chrome. 1Password actually looks different and I see no option to prefill websites.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @rgood! I'm not quite sure what you mean by "prefill." 1Password has never automatically filled data into websites without any interaction from you as the user. It's a point we've been pretty insistent on over the years, precisely because we feel that level of "automatic" contains too much potential for problems. If you're used to seeing a login page's credentials filled as soon as you view the page, that's not 1Password, it's either your browser's built-in password manager or some other password manager you may have installed.

If you meant something else by "prefill," can you clarify? What specific steps are you taking, and what's (not) happening the way you expect (or the way you remember it used to work)?

• rgood
    rgood
    Community Member
    Options

I used to be able to click on the login or password within 1Password and it would fill in on the website. Now I have to copy/paste each login and password which is certainly not as efficient as it used to be.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019
    Options

@rgood:

Can you confirm that your app has been correctly activated? You can do this by launching 1Password and clicking on 1Password in the menu bar > License... menu.

• rgood
    rgood
    Community Member
    Options

I do not see the LICENSE option on the menu bar but I know it is licensed because I have over 100 passwords stored in it. I can login and see my account and I can copy/paste the logins and passwords. I used to able to click on the web address within 1Password and it would open the website and fill in the login and password. That option has disappeared with the last update.

• Ben
    Options

I do not see the LICENSE option on the menu bar but I know it is licensed because I have over 100 passwords stored in it.

That doesn't mean 1Password is properly licensed. Did you recently install the 1Password 7 upgrade? If so, did you install it from the Mac App Store? 1Password 7 from the Mac App Store is subscription only. Without a subscription you'd be able to view your data, but not add, edit, or fill.

Please let us know.

ben

This discussion has been closed.