To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

If I stop using 1Password (uninstall), what happens to all the accounts and passwords it created?

jmgrunzweig
jmgrunzweig
Community Member

I am considering using 1Password. But I want to know how to stop using 1Password, should I need or want to.
What happens to the access to all my accounts which 1Password established passwords for?
Is each account instantly inaccessible and I have to ask to reset password for each, and start over?
Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do I access my accounts if I uninstall 1Password

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2019

Hi @jmgrunzweig

If you were to find yourself in such a situation I would recommend exporting your data so that it can be used with a different password manager:

How to export data from 1Password

Does that help? Please let me know.

Ben

• jmgrunzweig
    jmgrunzweig
    Community Member

HI Ben,

Yes, that answers my question. It's important to have an exit plan for any app before signing up, and that's what I wanted to know.
    Thank you for taking time to reply.
    Jon

• Glad to help. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• Zaka7
    Zaka7
    Community Member

@jmgrunzweig Once you start using 1PW, you will not want to stop! you'll instead find your self being accused of working for them as you try to convert all of your family and friends too!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the kind words! :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.