To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I am lost

aldauro
aldauro
Community Member

I have a 1 password account on my iPhone
All I do is go to my phone app and look up my passwords
However if I go to any other device ( day I lose my phone) they ask me for a secret key and master password
The secret key they sent me originally DOES NOT match the secret key that I obtain on my phone?
And why is the master password different than the password I use to gain access to my account on my phone?
Help!!

Comments

• aldauro
    aldauro
    Community Member

How does one communicate with a human for support?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@aldauro: Here or via email -- support@1password.com -- but we reply to messages in the order one which they're received, so you may need to wait while we respond to others that have been waiting longer. Thanks for your patience.

The secret key they sent me originally DOES NOT match the secret key that I obtain on my phone?

Each account will have a unique Secret Key. So if you've signed up for more than one, perhaps on different devices instead of signing in to the same account, you will have multiple Secret Keys -- one for each account.

And why is the master password different than the password I use to gain access to my account on my phone?

Because that's what you set when creating the account. The 1Password app will unlock using the Master Password oof the first vault/account you have setup there. Signing into any 1Password account requires entering the Master Password you chose when creating it.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.