1P says I'm compromised as per pwned.com; but that site says I'm fine.

1Password says my school email has been compromised as per the website haveibeenpwned.com, but when I go to that site directly and enter my school email it says it's fine (I changed my password anyway but 1P still says it's compromised)...what's up?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• If a Login is flagged as having a vulnerable password, @safercracker823456, that doesn't meant that you specifically have been compromised. Instead, it means that the password for that particular item was found in the Pwned Passwords database. It may not have been that particular account that was compromised. It could have not been any of your accounts, in fact. It just means that some account of some sort using that password was compromised such that the password itself ended up part of a data breach. This means that it's distinctly possible no account using your e-mail address has been compromised, but that password itself is still vulnerable.

Since you've changed that password, give this a try for me:
    1. Open and unlock 1Passwrod.
    2. Choose 1Password > Settings, then click Watchtower.
    3. Click "Update now" at the bottom and give Watchtower a bit of time to rerun its check.
    4. Choose 1Password > Exit, then open and unlock it again.

Are you still seeing that password flagged as vulnerable? If so, when you changed that password, did you use a generated password or create your own? Let me know and we'll take it from there. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.