Cant find license key 1password6

Hi,
Recently i restarted my macbook and since then 1password6 says im on a trial.
Pretty strange since i have it running on my iPhone as well.
I can't find my license key or what so ever anywhere.
I have purchased it for a single price but i can't find the purchase e-mail (searching on 1password or on Agile)

Can anyone help me?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.15.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @Mikew2525!

If you open 1Password Preferences > Accounts tab, do you see an account listed there? I wonder if the trial is actually coming from a subscription account that you created, instead that from the license purchase.

• Its says no account but when i want to add an account i need to fill in details:
    Login URL (no idea)
    email add (i know that one)
    Key (no idea where to find, haven't recieved an e-mail)
    Main pass (i know this one to)

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@Mikew2525:

Thank you for the confirmation. I would like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac and send it to us at [email protected] so we can take a closer look for you without sharing personal information on a public forum.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• I'm having this same problem. I did install 1Password 7 to try it but then reverted back to 6.8.9 because I prefer the standalone version. Within ver 6, the drop down menu asks that I sign in so it is expecting that I'm using 7, not 6. How do I remedy this?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@davidswanson:

Within ver 6, the drop down menu asks that I sign in so it is expecting that I'm using 7, not 6.

Can you please post a screenshot of this dropdown menu?

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

@davidswanson - thanks. That's the "Accounts" tab of 1Password 6's Preferences. It's essentially the same in 1Password 7, and I think we might have a miscommunication about that -- the difference between 1Password 6 and 1Password 7 is not the same thing as the difference between standalone data and a 1Password.com account. You can use either standalone data OR a 1password.com account in both 1Password 6 and 1Password 7.

Were you previously using a 1password.com account, or did you have standalone data (a local Primary vault)? If you were previously using 1Password 6 in standalone mode on this computer, you should be able to re-install version 6 and pick up right where you left off. What happens if you click the "Vaults" tab? How many vaults do you see there, and what are their names?

• Thanks for your reply.
    There is one Vault only, Primary, and it synchs with iCloud
    I have not used a 1Password.com account.

• I was under the impression that the only way to use 1Password 7 is with a subscription. Is that not so?

• I re-installed ver 6 but it is not picking up the license and it shows "Trial expired"

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

@davidswanson -

I was under the impression that the only way to use 1Password 7 is with a subscription. Is that not so?

No. 1Password 7 can be used with either a standalone license or a 1password.com account.

I re-installed ver 6 but it is not picking up the license and it shows "Trial expired"

There were two places to download/install 1Password 6 from: the Mac App Store, and directly from us. If you had the Mac App Store version, it would be called simply 1Password. In your screenshot, it shows 1Password 6 instead, meaning you have our version installed. Do you remember where you initially purchased 1Password 6 from? Was it directly from our own web store, or the Mac App Store? You'll need to install from the same place you initially downloaded/purchased from.

• My recollection is that it was from AgileBits directly but I can't find the receipt (I have checked the purchases section on the App Store just in case I'm remembering incorrectly, nothing there).

• It was all working fine pre-Catalina

• which was also coincident with trying ver 7

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@davidswanson,

Please reach out to us at [email protected] with any details you have / recall about your purchase and we'll do our best to help you track it down. Thanks.

Ben

• My mistake
    I was convinced I bought it direct but I must have bought it from the App Store. I was able to restore ver 6 from Time Machine and it shows as 1Password, not 1Password 6
    No longer do I see Trial Ended
    Apologies for my error
    Thanks

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

@davidswanson - hey, all's well that ends well. Glad you were able to get back to where you'd been previously. Let us know if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.