I want to merge my wife's individual account to my newly upgraded Family Account

duncan83
duncan83
Community Member

My wife and I just got married, she decided to try 1Password while we were dating because I liked it so she signed up for a trial. Now we're married to a Family Account made sense instead of 2 separate accounts. Is it possible to merge her individual account into the Family Account or does she have to just manually create a new vaults worth of stuff?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @duncan83

Congratulations! I'd be happy to help you get set up with 1Password Families. It isn't possible to 'merge' an individual 1Password membership into a 1Password Families membership, but here is what you can do:

1. Invite your wife to join your 1Password Families membership: Share passwords in 1Password Families (if you haven't already)
    2. Have her accept and create an account within the family from a web browser on a computer. Print the Emergency Kit and write in the chosen Master Password. Get to know your Emergency Kit
    3. Have her sign into 1Password using her existing 1Password app with the new account, such that she has both the existing individual membership as well as her account within your family added
    4. Move her data from the individual membership to the family: Move and copy items | 1Password
    5. Delete the old individual membership: How to delete your 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask. And again, congrats!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.