Extension not Taking Focus in Firefox

Hi, I'm often in the situation where the extension popup is displayed, the bliking cursor is in the "search all vaults" field but, actually, the focus is still in Firefox and entering the search text leads to weird actions (such as deleting emails if the entered text matches some keystroke of my webmail...).
I have to click again in the extension popup to be sure to enter the search text in the extension popup field.
Thanks
Regards

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 (1903)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:extension focus

Comments

• This is something we've seen from time to time for quite a while, @ErreipL, but it's not consistent enough we've been able to reproduce it. Ultimately, focus is also somewhat outside of our control. We do, of course, ask for focus to be in the search field when you summon mini and 1Password is unlocked, or in the Master Password field if it's locked, but it's up to Windows whether it chooses to comply or not. If the website or Firefox itself is asking for focus to go elsewhere, that request may win out. We can't force focus to be in any particular place. With that said, if you feel you have reliable steps to reproduce the problem, like a particular site where it happens consistently or a particular series of actions that can consistently trigger trouble, let me know. I've seen far less of this issue lately, but it's still one we'd love to get pinned down so we can implement a more definite fix. :+1:

• ErreipL
    ErreipL
    Community Member

Hi, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, even with the web site where I often experience this issue, I'm unable to consistently reproduce it. Most of the time, the focus is taken by 1password but sometimes not and I can't guess why.
    Up to me to click on the search field to be sure the focus is right!
    Regards

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ErreipL,

That is the problem with this issue, we can't reproduce it reliably enough. We won't stop looking at ways to fix it, though. :)

If you manage to get the steps to reproduce it, please let us know. Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.