INTERNAL ERROR: Cannot decrypt attachment file (in Android)

bengordon
bengordon
Community Member

I've just installed 1Password 7.3.4 on my Samsung Galaxy s10e, running Android 9 and am having problem viewing attachments when syncing to my Mac's version of 1Password (V6.8.9) via the opvault method on Dropbox.

After the initial loading of the Dropbox vault on the fresh installation of 1Password on the phone, non of the attachments (jpegs) can open in the phone, and the message I receive is 'INTERNAL ERROR: Cannot decrypt attachment file ([com.agilebits.onepassword.wifi.encryption.EncryptionException])'

That said, once 1password is up and running on the phone, if I add a new attachment to any of the entries on my Mac, they sync across to the phone and CAN be opened. The problem seems to be corruption or decryption error of the batch of attachments in the initial migration of the vault.

I've been a 1Password user for many years, happily syncing between my Mac and iPhone. But I've accumulated hundreds of entries with plenty of attachments - I'd love to be able to sync them painlessly!

Thank you for your time.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 3.4
OS Version: Android 9
Sync Type: Dropbox - opvault
Referrer: forum-search:INTERNAL ERROR: Cannot decrypt attachment file

Comments

• Hi @bengordon

In instances such as these there are a couple of ways to clear the error:

1. Recreate the attachment: Download the attachment on another device, delete the attachment from the item and then re-attach it.

2. Reset the Android app: Delete and then reinstall the 1Password app from Google Play, this clears out all the local data so that you can set up sync again, without these errors.

Let me know how you get on :)

This discussion has been closed.