Moving from 1Pass v5 to subscription - chose a different master pass, how to sync?

Hi, I decided to upgrade to the subscription last week. I bought it via my phone, and when it asked for a master password, I gave it a throw-away thinking I'd set it up "for real" at a later time. Then, I see the very beginning of instructions to migrate says this: "During setup, you’ll be asked to create a Master Password. Use your existing Master Password."
Oops.
How shall I proceed now? Needless to say, it's not asking if I want to add my account.

I also see this: "If you’re using 1Password 6, download 1Password 7 and install it." but I am using 1Pass 5 - do I need to do these iterative upgrades?
Thanks

1Password Version: 5.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox, subscription

Comments

• Hello, anybody out there?

• What you should be able to do is go to https://my.1password.com, change your Master Password to your real Master Password, and then go ahead and follow the steps from then on.

• MicaMica

Team Member

Hey @rzrgrl

(Neuromancer reference? :) ) I just wanted to let you know I've reached out to you via email. Thanks for writing in, I'm so sorry about the wait!

This discussion has been closed.