Keeping 1P open between filling in username and password with iOS

camner
camner
Community Member

Whenever I use 1P on my iPad or iOS to login to a site that forces the username entry and the password entry to be a 2-step process, I always have to reopen (and retype my master password) 1P at the password step. In 1P iOS Settings, I have Lock on Exit set to OFF and Auto-Lock set to 5 minutes, which I thought would not force me to reopen 1P and reenter my 1P master password, but, no such luck.

Is there something I'm missing?

1Password Version: 7.7.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.4.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @camner!

I always have to reopen (and retype my master password) 1P at the password step

Are you not getting prompted for Touch ID or Face ID between entering your username and your password on a website?

• camner
    camner
    Community Member

Sorry...I lost track of this thread. Yes, I do, but I was hoping not to have to use Touch ID on my iPad, because I always have my iPad in landscape mode and Touch ID is, at best, unreliable this way. So, to use 1P with my iPad I have to type my master password in twice, which is a pain.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@camner:

I am afraid that you will have to authenticate to 1Password each time you switch back to it, if you currently configured it to lock on exit. Have you tried tweaking the auto lock settings inside 1Password > Settings > Security?

I always have my iPad in landscape mode and Touch ID is, at best, unreliable this way

That doesn't sound right. Touch ID should work well despite the orientation. Have you contacted Apple about this already? Perhaps they will be able to help if there is an issue with your device.

This discussion has been closed.