How Do I Add an App Password?

ksternberg
ksternberg
Community Member

I made up a password for a healthcare app. I want to add it to my vault for reference. How? Thanks.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ksternberg! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please give us some more information about what you are trying to do? If you created a password for your healthcare app, isn't that already inside 1Password? Or did you perhaps generate it some other way?

• ksternberg
    ksternberg
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

I thought that the app password would be in my vault, but it’s not. Now that I created a new password within the app, how do I get that into 1Password? As in, can I manually create the listing?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ksternberg:

If you created a password within 1Password, then it's already stored in the app. Can you please switch to the Passwords category and check if it is there?

• ksternberg
    ksternberg
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

In Last Pass, it’s easy to make a stand alone entry.

Passwords category? I searched all entries. Not there.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ksternberg:

Indeed, 1Password allows you to create standalone entries too, and by default it saves them under the Passwords category if you use its password generator.

• ksternberg
    ksternberg
    Community Member

Thanks though.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ksternberg:

What steps did you follow to generate this password? I have just tried generating one on my iOS device, and when I saved it it ended up in the Passwords category. It would be great if you could give us the exact steps that you followed so we can test them and see if we can reproduce the same behavior that you are seeing.

This discussion has been closed.