Vault file location for 1Password7

I am a long time user of 1P6. I share my vault with my wife on Macs, iPhones, and iPads. She has her own iCloud account. Yesterday, I signed up for a 1P7 membership so that we can have browser extensions again. The other reason is because Dropbox limits free accounts to three installations now so vault storage is a problem.

Maybe I missed something, but I thought that the vault file is stored on YOUR servers with the 1P7 membership. During my installing, I found that my wife and I would have to have the same iCloud account or use Dropbox to store our vault file. Is this true? You DON’T store the vault file on your servers?

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @ralphrobb! Welcome to the forum!

Maybe I missed something, but I thought that the vault file is stored on YOUR servers with the 1P7 membership.

This is correct.

During my installing, I found that my wife and I would have to have the same iCloud account or use Dropbox to store our vault file. Is this true?

No, if you use a 1Password Membership, data is stored on 1Password.com. iCloud or Dropbox are not necessary with a Membership.

This discussion has been closed.