To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

On boarding workflow is super crappy

K10merchant
K10merchant
Community Member

In this day and age of workflow based on boarding, it is amazing how your workflow cannot take a user step by step through the on boarding process. On you platform for only less than an hour and can think of a handful of ways where the on boarding of a user, could be made so painless. Who creates a checklist these days and let's user decide what needs to be done. You got to walk the user through each step with an automated workflow signup-->installation on desktop with verification that it is working fine --> installation on mobile with verification on desktop to show user has installed the app and is working correctly --> then taking user through adding common email accounts --> then through common social media accounts --> then through entertainment accounts (netflix etc.)

Whatever happened to white glove automation for paid service?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Onboarding workflow is super crappy

Comments

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member

I get the impression from my reading here that 1Password's developers are speccing and crunching code as hard and fast as they can in an effort to add real substance and functionality to the package before gilding it for mass rollout and ease of "on boarding."

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2020

Hi @K10merchant

We'd love to have more of a "white glove" experience for setting up 1Password. Our CEO has long talked about "the first X accounts" (I can't remember the number off-hand). The idea being that we should walk the person through the process of setting up their first X accounts so that they can become accustom to the process before heading out on their own. This feedback sounds like that idea on steroids, which is great. I love the thought. It is just a matter of time and resources.

Hopefully as we continue to grow the company we'll be able to have the development and design resources to finally tackle something like that. Having recently set up a number of less technically savvy folks with accounts in a 1Password Business membership for a non-profit I work with, I feel your pain. It would be great to have more "white glove automation," as you say.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.