Problem with master password

Bruce_Cowan
Bruce_Cowan
Community Member

I have a 1Password account with a working master password
I also have a couple of standalone vaults on my iPad and the password I use to get into my iPad 1Password is different from my 1Password account. I can, however, see both the account and standalone vaults using that different password.
I want to standardise the master password, but when I choose to change the master password neither of the passwords are accepted!
How can I resolve this?
I also want to delete the standalone vaults but cannot see how I do this either.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

@Bruce_Cowan:

I have a 1Password account with a working master password
    I also have a couple of standalone vaults on my iPad

So in total you have three different Master Passwords, assuming that you used a different one for each of your standalone vaults. This is in addition to the one you chose for your 1Password account, which you already confirmed is different. Is this correct?

• Bruce_Cowan
    Bruce_Cowan
    Community Member

Version 7.4.4
    iPad ver 13.3
    Sync type want to change to dropbox

Hi Daniel,
    Yes that is how it appears. The 2 passwords I use have a simple structure so I have tried to rearrange the passwords changing caps etc but to no avail I’m afraid.

So my last, but very presumptuous thought was perhaps?? I’ve somehow confused the system and someone may know a simple solution other than starting again by deleting the iPad app and reloading, but I worry about loosing it all!
    Humble regards for suggesting such a thing!
    Bruce

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Bruce_Cowan:

From what you wrote, it sounds like a case of a forgotten Master Password for this third vault. But if you still have access to this vault in the app, you can create a new vault (with a Master Password that you know), and move your items to the new vault.

At this point, you can remove the old vault you have forgotten the Master Password for, since all the data that was in there has been moved to a new vault.

This discussion has been closed.