How do you use a backup 2FA option on the IOS app

Options
rubik0062
rubik0062
Community Member

I am unable to log into the IOS app on a 3rd generation iPad Pro. I have both a Yubikey and TOTP setup on the account. The iPad does not support the Yubikey through the app and does not allow me to use TOPT. How do I log in?

Thanks,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• To use TOTP, tap Cancel on the YubiKey prompt, @rubik0062. That'll give you the option to use TOTP instead. This is something I honestly don't find terribly intuitive myself, but I haven't yet taken a look around our issue tracker to see if anyone has raised it yet, so I appreciate the nudge to give it a quick peek. I think we can probably do better here until YubiKeys are better supported across iOS devices. :chuffed:

• Ben
    Options

To add to what @bundtkate said above we did recently add USB-C compatibility for the YubiKey 5Ci key on the iPad Pro. The 5Ci is also supported on iPads with Lightning connectors. :+1:

Ben

• Oh, look at that! @Ben rolling in here with stuff I didn't even know! Thanks for the assist there, Ben – super awesome we snuck USB-C support in there. I've got some notes to update, it seems. :sunglasses:

• rubik0062
    rubik0062
    Community Member
    Options

Wasn't getting a Yubikey prompt. Had to delete then reinstall the app to get it to work.

Thanks for the replies.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of bundtkate, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.