To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Completely Disabling "Secret Key" / Emergency Kit in 1password

privacy101
privacy101
Community Member
edited March 2020 in Memberships

How can I completely disable the "secret key" feature? I understand what the implications are and do not want this feature enabled.

1password keeps prompting me to enter my "secret key" because I keep purging cookies + cache from my browser and the service believes I'm signing in from a new machine... punishing me for my practices to improve online privacy (while using web based login). Do you provide me, the end user, the option to disable this functionality?

I am evaluating 1password (among other services) to migrate away from Lastpass and this secret key "feature" is extremely inconvenient and a complete nuisance...although I have a 1yr family account trial account, this a deal breaker/non-starter.

From what I've gathered your "standalone license" apparently does not have a secret key feature, although 1password does not apparently advertise this license option on the website.

Is the standalone license option the only way to disable the "secret key" and need to use "Emergency Kit"? If so, how can I try/buy this version?

1Password Version: 1password family
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @privacy101! Welcome to the forum!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email with the same question. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: XXI-61335-766

This discussion has been closed.