browser opens whenever I start the computer if the 1Password Extension Helper is enabled

Options
lpn
lpn
Community Member
edited March 2020 in Mac

This is a weird problem: since some weeks ago, upon (re)boot of my laptop, the browser that I typically use (Firefox) opens automatically although the "open at login" option is not enabled and it is not in the login items. It didn't happen always, it was happening more than it was not. I didn't have much time for troubleshooting, but recently I did remember of another weird browser problem that I was having and that was related to 1Password: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/104812/whenever-i-unlock-1p-it-opens-a-web-browser-and-goes-to-a-particular-website

I disabled the option of 1Password Extension Helper running at all times (and starting on boot) and sure enough, the problem disappeared -- I tried some 20ish reboots and the problem stopped. Of course, I can keep it like that, but not having the extension helper running all the time defeats most of the purpose for using 1Password.

Any ideas how to fix this?

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.15.x
Sync Type: Wi-Fi

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lpn!

Do you see the same behavior if you enabled the 1Password Extension Helper again now, after disabling it?

• lpn
    lpn
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it starts happening again.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2020
    Options

@lpn

With the extension helper running and the problem occurring I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac, please:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/112331/browser-opens-whenever-i-start-the-computer-if-the-1password-extension-helper-is-enabled#latest
    • Your forum username: lpn

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• lpn
    lpn
    Community Member
    Options

I run the diagnostics tool, but looking at its output, it seems to include at least some information than I am not willing to share. Whenever I have time, I may check the report in more detail and will replace some bits of info that I am not willing to share and will send it out. For now, please close this.

• Ben
    Options

:+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.