right click contextual field

I use the 1Password X extension in Edge browser. When I right click in a field, a contextual menu opens and there is a 1Password button near the bottom. Is clicking on that button supposed to do anything???

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.18.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:right click contextual field

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dwestenk! Welcome to the forum!

Yes, that button opens 1Password mini if you have the 1Password desktop app installed. If you don't, it will not do anything :)

• dwestenk
    dwestenk
    Community Member

I do have the desktop app installed. If it is open or closed, it doesn't matter - nothing happens when I click the button in the contextual menu...

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@dwestenk – Sorry for the confusion! What Ana was describing was the companion extension. With 1Password X installed, you'll see a Show 1Password option in the context menu. If you hide the inline menu on a specific page, that's how you can show the inline menu again.

• dwestenk
    dwestenk
    Community Member

My point is that if I click on the Show 1Password option, nothing happens! What is supposed to happen??

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@dwestenk – The Show 1Password option will come in handy if you've previously hidden the inline menu on a specific page. If you haven't done that, then you won't need to use the Show 1Password option, nor will it do anything for you.

For example, if you visit https://twitter.com/login, then click Suggestions in the inline menu, then click Hide on this page, you'll hide the inline menu. You'll want to use the Show 1Password option in the context menu to get the inline menu to return.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.