I just want to export my passwords from 1password into an excel csv file

Options

I followed the directions below and there is NO option of formatting into an excel file. I can copy or print. Can anyone direct me how to export all of the passwords and logins within my 1password vault around which I spent 6 hours today trying to install and use 1password?
Thank you

I just tried to give you the 1password version and browser extension as requested below. Your links take me to a page that says they are automatically updated within 5 minutes of my using them. THEN WHY DO YOU ASK FOR THE VERSIONS I AM USING!!

Is this all a joke by the Kremlin to bring our business life to a stop? It must be some sort of joke. You could not make it this useless and confusing otherwise.

1Password 7
Open and unlock 1Password.
Select the items you want to export. Select multiple items by holding down the Ctrl key when clicking on them. Select all of the items by pressing Ctrl + A after clicking one of the items in the list.
Right-click the selected item(s) and choose Export.
Choose a format:
Comma Delimited Text (.csv) to move data to a different app.
Plain Text (.txt) for a readable list of your items.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:export from 1password

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@MattTarrant

Which version are you using? I just tested a CSV export from 7.4.761 and it worked for me.

• MattTarrant
    MattTarrant
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I discovered on my own last night that I was in the web app not the desktop app. I only realized this when I saw the icon in my task bar. From there I can export as per the directions. It is puzzling that this possible cause was not identified somewhere. Now I am having the same issues as others with the desktop app not responding so I am not long for the 1password world. Need to get a Windows-centric software manager. One last question if i may...why do you ask which version I am using? When i looked for that as part of my trouble shooting yesterday I found that my app updates automatically every five minutes.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @MattTarrant,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues.

Can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report, so we can figure out what's going on? We're not aware of any widespread issue like that and we're not seeing anything like that on our own computers.

Please use this guide to generate the diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

When i looked for that as part of my trouble shooting yesterday I found that my app updates automatically every five minutes.

Is it possible that you're using our installer exe when starting 1Password? We have some users that were using the downloaded .exe file that keeps reinstalling 1Password that looks like it is updating itself but it is not. We're adding a blocker in the next update to inform user they're using an installer file.

This discussion has been closed.