How do I find secret key to log into app for first time?

sseyer
sseyer
Community Member

Trying to use app for first time. In order to activate app, it requires a secret key. The link for “find my secret key” sends me to login where it once again asks for a secret key. I’m in an infinite loop of madness. Can anyone help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Secret key

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2020

Hi @sseyer

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion here. How / where did you sign up for your account? If you signed up in a web browser then that browser should remember your Secret Key, and also (if not on a mobile device) should've downloaded an Emergency Kit to your device. If ultimately you're not able to find your Secret Key then the only recourse would be to delete the account and start over, making sure to download (and ideally print) the Emergency Kit.

Get to know your Emergency Kit

Ben

• sseyer
    sseyer
    Community Member

I am using an iPad. I would have no idea where it downloads an emergency kit.
    I’m a pretty smart guy but this is crazy

• @sseyer

iPads use the Files app to manage downloads. If you don't find it there, please follow the directions here, starting with "if ultimately you can't sign in:"

FAQ: I'm locked out of my account (membership) / need to start over

When you create the new account please be sure to print an Emergency Kit from Safari before closing it or logging out of your account. Instructions on getting to the Emergency Kit can be found at the link "Get to know your Emergency Kit" above.

Again my apologies this didn't go more smoothly from the beginning.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.