How can I edit Web form details like on Mac?

When I want to edit Web form details in the windows app, I see that I cannot do most things I can do with the mac app:
On MacOS Catalina, Version 7.4.3 (70403002):

On Windows:

The things I cannot do are:

• add new web form field
  • change web form field type (password/checkbox etc)
  • rename web form field
  • delete web form field

I can only change the value (which is not useful if I have to enter a checkmark for checkboxes)
Do I miss something or is it not implemented in the windows app?

By the way, this feature seems to be completely missing in the iOS app and the website - or have I not found this?

1Password Version: 7.4.767
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windown 10
Sync Type: 1password families
Referrer: forum-search:edit web form details

Comments

• This isn't implemented on Windows as yet, @Vloeck, but it is currently planned for the future. When is a bit of a toss as web form details aren't quite so important to modern 1Password apps as they once were and there's a non-zero chance they'll not be needed before too long, but the current plan is to bring editing them to Windows as their future is still up in the air and, for the moment, there's good reason to want to edit them.

iOS is a bit outside my wheelhouse, but I'd hazard they're skipped there because the implementation on iOS genuinely has no use for web form details. The filling process is handled by the operating system – not us – so our role in ensuring things are filled in just a certain way is far more limited. I'd even guess that we have no way to check a box for you on iOS, with or without editing of those web form details, because iOS doesn't understand them and thus isn't going to listen to anything 1Password passes along about such things. That last bit might be totally wrong. Password AutoFill on iOS may have its own way to checking those boxes or not, but regardless it's a wholly different system than on desktop and I'm all but 100% sure the web form details aren't what's informing that process.

This discussion has been closed.