Switch from website subscription to Apple App Store subscription

I currently pay for 1Password Individual through your website. However, I wish to pay for and manage the subscription through my Apple ID/Apple App Store. Can I make this change and how? Do I need to unsubscribe from your site and then when my account annual subscription ends and my account becomes frozen, can I then subscribe to individual annual subscription through the 1Password App via the Apple App Store? Is there a better/easier away to avoid the account from being frozen?

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hey @alwducky79

I'm not too familiar with this particular scenario to be honest, but I'd be happy to get you in touch with the folks who can (our billing team). To reach them please use this form:

https://support.1password.com/contact/

And select 'I have a question about billing' > 'I have a different billing question'. For the description of the issue you can paste in a link to this thread, so that you don't have to repeat yourself: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/114357/switch-from-website-subscription-to-apple-app-store-subscription#latest

Our billing folks would be able to give you whatever instructions are appropriate, if this is indeed feasible. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Does anyone have an actual answer to this question. It is definitely much easier to manage subscriptions through apple’s system. One does not need to be worried about an expired credit card, etc.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hey @mark_orlando

It isn't something we're set up to address here in the community, but if you get in touch with our billing team using the form here https://support.1password.com/contact/ they can best assist. I'm sorry I don't have a more direct answer to offer here.

Ben

• edited April 23

It is such a very simple question. I would think someone here would know this answer. It would have been better if you just left the question unanswered. Your answer comes across like "AgileBits Inc. refuses to answer your question." Likely because you are forced to pay Apple a huge commission.

• You probably ought to delete the entire thread. Since your answer is not an answer. If you work for "AgileBits Inc." then you certainly can find the answer to the question. If you don't, why answer a question with "I don't know." I can answer this question your way because, I don't know either.

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

@mark_orlando

For your privacy, safety, and security, we would need answer account-specific questions/requests via our ticket system. Please reach out to us using [email protected]. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

• This applies to anyone that has a web-site subscription that wants to use the apple subscription service. Not just me. You can't even say if it is possible or not; Just that you refuse to answer the general question of how to do it. No privacy, safety or security issue is here. Your are just evading the question and anyone that reads what you wrote will understand that. It is a yes or no question he originally asked. I you just flatly refused to answer it.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@mark_orlando:

Have you reached out to us via email in the meantime? If not, please do reach out to the billing team via email, as suggested. I personally would imagine that this is doable (although I have not done this myself before), so as Ben and Tommy said, but I recommend asking them for confirmation, as they are the experts in the topic. Thank you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file