🙄Vault mysteriously disappeared from desktop app -iMac.

Options
Sierra
Sierra
Community Member

I'm new to 1Password so trying it out.
Set it up on Mac.
Then the Firefox browser extension.
Saved some personal passwords 🔑... seemed to sync fine.
Whilst logged into my account via the 1password website a message popped up on my desktop -'Personal Vault Deleted'. -I have NO idea how that happened! The vault was gone from desktop app.
It's still visible on the website.
I can add vaults to my desktop app ...they appear on the website ...but disappear from the desktop app.

Not a good start to my 1Password experience. 😕 ...any idea what's going on here???

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Version 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Mac Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:🙄Vault mysteriously disappeared from desktop app -iMac. It's still accessible via browser app!

Comments

• Sierra
    Sierra
    Community Member
    Options

✈️ ... I think I'm figuring it out. Has to do with the Travel Mode toggle on the website. I toggled it on ... that's what must have caused the desktop vaults to disappear.
    Anyway, it's turned off now ... but the desktop vaults haven't returned. Any idea how to get the desktop app and website to Sync properly??

• Sierra
    Sierra
    Community Member
    Options

...all done and figured out ... had to lock the desktop app .... then log in again and the vaults reappeared (once they were marked as safe for travel via the web). ...Phew!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Sierra! Welcome to the forum!

And thank you for the update, I am glad you managed to sort things out already :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Sierra
    Sierra
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me! Having tried out 1passsowrd - the subscription model didn't appeal to me. I found that with an added 22%tax , it works out quite expensive, esp for family membership. Also, it's unclear whether the subscription will increase/decrease in future. (Ideally would like to stick with a p.s. manager for the long term) . Having studied other peoples comments via the app store relating to subscriptions - I've decided to go with a different password manager. A pity , as I think the ease of use and functionality for 1password is the best out there ... but comes at a premium price which I believe is over-priced.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Sierra:

Thank you for the update. I am sorry to see you go, but I certainly respect your decision. We believe 1Password offers good value for the price, but this is definitely something that is up to you. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, and I wish you the best of luck with your new password manager. No matter what you end up using, it's important that you use a password manager, even if it's not 1Password :+1:

Stay safe online :)

This discussion has been closed.