7.7 beta 3 on Mac--locking itself inappropriately

I have 7.7 beta 3 on my Macintosh, along with 1PX beta on Edge. I love the integration between the two. I have always had 1P desktop configured not to lock automatically.

1P desktop is now locking itself after a time limit--possibly that default 5 minute idle time, disregarding that the box is unchecked. I think this behavior began after the most recent update.

The locked state does pass itself to 1PX, so integration works properly. At least there's that.

1Password Version: 7.7 beta 3
Extension Version: X beta 1.21.2
OS Version: OS X 10.14.4
Sync Type: cloud

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @adam1991!

Can you post a screenshot of your autolock settings in 1Password for Mac? Thank you!

• adam1991adam1991
    edited August 8

Here you go. I came down here just now after posting my original question and leaving, and found it locked. FYI.

• rudyrudy

Team Member

@adam1991,

If you're using 1Password X with 1Password for Mac 7.7.BETA-3 then there's a 99% chance that the Mac app is locking because 1Password X is asking it to.

• adam1991adam1991
    edited August 8

That may be, except this is completely different behavior compared to what I've had for...as long as I've had this config, frankly. This unexpected locking behavior started with the latest 1P desktop app beta update.

X is clearly set up to integrate with the desktop app, and has been since I started with it. I've done the dance, turn off turn on, quit completely, etc.

If 1 Password X is asking it to lock, then 1 Password X is broken. If 1 Password X is not asking it to lock, then 1 Password desktop is broken.

Regardless, the combination of the two exhibits a broken interaction.

• rudyrudy

Team Member

@adam1991,

Can you try turning off the integration with the mac app switch and see if the mac app continues to get triggered to auto-lock? My recollection is that there is a bug with 1Password X where it doesn't turn off its own internal auto-lock monitor when the integration is enabled and as a result will trigger the mac app to lock on its own planned schedule rather than deferring to the mac app to control that behavior.

• OK, done. At this point:

1PX: integration turned OFF. All locking turned OFF.

1P desktop: all locking continues to be turned OFF.

• adam1991adam1991
    edited August 8

And here it is 20 minutes later, I come back to my computer and find 1P desktop app locked.

The current 1P beta is not honoring the lock settings.

I just sent an email to support referring to this thread, along with a diagnostic report.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@adam1991:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: EYC-45819-346

• Current status: I disconnected 1PX from the desktop app, and left it that way. Auto lock is turned off.

I got to my computer this morning, and 1PX was still unlocked--but 1P desktop is locked.

Summary: 1PX works correctly in this context, but 1P desktop doesn't.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Thanks @adam1991. I've added that information to your email ticket. We'll continue the conversation there. :+1:

Ben

• I'm having the same exact issue and was about to post about it - it's almost like 1Password is ignoring the idle timer and locking it after 5 minutes anyway. I just removed 1PX from all of my browsers though, will see if the issue pops up again.

• rudyrudy

Team Member

@adam1991, @ersan191,

I've added some logging to indicate the reason for the lock, it'll be in 7.7.BETA-4.

• @rudy
    Looks like removing 1Password X from Chrome & FF fixed the problem. Been off and on my Mac all day and haven't had it lock again.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for the update @ersan191! That's good to hear :+1:

• Updated to 7.7 beta 4; it's been half an hour, and desktop app has not locked itself.

I will continue looking at various situations to see if I can make it misbehave.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Thanks @adam1991. :+1:

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file