JavaScript errors in 1Password browser plugins

I'm a web developer and use the error console in Firefox a lot.

I'm noticing a great deal of errors from the 1Password plugin.

This one is the most common:

Error: ReferenceError: sjcl is not defined
Source file: resource://onepassword-at-agilebits-dot-com/onepassword/data/src/popup.min.js
Line: 6

I'm seeing the above error plus another one at work, but cant seem to provoke it now. Will post it tomorrow, lest I forget.

It'd be really nice to have these errors fixed as they pollute the error console window, which interferes with getting work done.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, mnmr! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I will mention this to the developers. If you are able to find a reproducible case that would be even better. Let me know if you can. I'll see what we can do on our end.

Cheers,
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for following up. We can't reproduce this, but if you could help us do so perhaps we can get this resolved. So far one of the team here believes that it may be a bug in the extension APIs.

Do you see this on every site or just a specific URL (or URLs)?

Does it occur during browsing or just when trying to fill or something from the 1Password extension?

Is this the regular web console in Firefox ⌘⌥K or somewhere else?
  • jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    The SJCL is our Javascript crypto library for decrypting your data when needed. This should not be triggered unless you interact with the extension, either by showing the main extension window or invoking a fill operation or possibly if 1Password is syncing data between the main data file and the browser extension.

I haven't seen this happen myself, but I don't use Firefox very often if I can help it. :P I'd be curious to know if you have the same issue in another browser like Chrome. If it's only in Firefox, that would help us narrow the issue down some. Also, testing it in various update channels (Beta, Aurora, Nightly) would be helpful as well.

You can test if it's being triggered during a sync by triggering a sync from the main 1Password application. Bring up the error console in Firefox. Then, go to 1Password and edit an item with a trivial change such as adding a note to the entry. Then, wait a few seconds for that entry to sync to the browser. (This happens fairly quickly.) If it's triggered during sync, you should see the error in the console log.

Let us know what you find.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Will do. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime. :)

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.