iCloud vault without subscription

cinthiacinthia Junior Member

Hello, I have been a 1Password customer since the first version. I am 1 individual user who uses 1Password exclusively on 3 Apple devices, iPhone, iPad and MacBook. I signed up for a subscription last year. I don't need it, don't use it and in fact, find it cumbersome and confusing. I want to use my iCloud vault instead. On my MacBook, I opened the app
1Password 7
Version 7.6 (70600006)
Mac App Store
I then signed out of my 1Password account, leaving only the iCloud vault. I then tried to edit one of the items and got "read only". Why? and how do I fix this? Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Safari
OS Version: OS 15.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:iCloud vault

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @cinthia

I'm really sorry to hear things aren't working as expected. Your subscription is how you were licensing the app. Without your account being added to the app, the app is unlicensed (hence the "read only" message). An account is the only way to license 1Password 7 from the Mac App Store. Utilizing your membership fully is the way forward. We're no longer recommending iCloud as a solution for storing 1Password data. I'd be happy to help you get on the right track. To get started, please follow the steps outlined in this guide:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#migrate-your-data-on-your-main-device

Since you already have an account, you'll want to start with the instructions under the heading "Migrate your data on your main device." Please let me know how that goes.

Ben

• cinthiacinthia Junior Member

Hello, thank you for the reply. Yes, as I mentioned I’ve been in one password user since the very beginning. I am familiar with how to migrate and as I also mentioned have been using that method about a year or so.
    I’m a senior citizen now (so watching my pennies) and as an individual user, the subscription price is expensive. Especially since as mentioned, I’m only a light user. I have enjoyed one password but it looks like I am being phased out. 😞 sad

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@cinthia

We're unable to discuss promotions or discounts with any specificity here in the forum, but if price is the concern I'd encourage you to reach out to our billing team: [email protected]. We may have some flexibility on that point.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file