cannot add a new entry [Development Preview is read-only]

csferacsfera
edited August 13 in Linux Beta

i am using 1Password 0.8.1 on Ubuntu 20.04 (focal fossa). I cannot add a new entry. Since itis running from snap i dont't know where are the logs. Please help me figure aout what is wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @csfera

Sorry for any confusion. The development preview is currently read-only. We haven't wired up any item creation or editing functions as of yet. As such, at the moment, this is working as expected.

Thanks for giving the preview a try!

Ben

• csferacsfera
    edited August 14

Hi @Ben
    I had my windows box died so now am on Focal Fossa. I was so happy to have 1Password available for Focal, so I undid the remarks. Note that it is hard to feed 1Password from iPhone so I was curious wether I did something wrong to have this 'read only' mode. Long ago I tried 1Password, LastPass, KeePass and stucked with 1Password. I had more than 1000 entries in my collection so changing the manager is evil. I hate the apple keyring, so I hope 1Password will be universal soon all supported platforms.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for the update @csfera! :+1:

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hi @csfera,

Note that it is hard to feed 1Password from iPhone so I was curious wether I did something wrong to have this 'read only' mode.

You can edit items on your 1Password account's website via your browser and it'll sync to 1Password for Linux right next to it.

We're working as fast as humanly possible to get editing support implemented.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file