1Password 7 read only

SystemSystem

Team Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: Pricing of Stand Alone Version.

Comments

• MNG_AgileMNG_Agile
    edited August 16

My 1password 7 (Standalone version) was working fine. Now it insists it is read-only. How can I get this resolved? MAC OS X Catalina

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @MNG_Agile!

When did this start happening exactly?

• williakzwilliakz
    edited August 20

@ag_ana, something wrong with this thread. It won't un-highlight once it's been read. I've seen this before with threads that have been split from other ones.

Update: thread now acting normally, thanks.

• Same thing happening here. I have a standalone license purchased after the March 2018 date, and the software is showing my correct email info and secret key, but it's snowflaked out and there's no option to upload the license I purchased. Just started happening yesterday.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @amason

I'm sorry for any confusion. Snowflakes and Secret Keys are associated with 1Password membership, which is a subscription service. A license does not include membership. To use a license you'd need to sign out of the membership account in 1Password > Preferences > Accounts. That said, membership is the way forward with 1Password. I'd encourage you to reach out to our team at [email protected] about how to best get up to speed and move forward. :)

Ben

• Ben, My standalone Version 7 just today--August 27, 2020--has become read only, so I can make no changes to any records. Furthermore, Command-/ no longer works at log in on Safari to insert username and password. What is going on? Must I now buy a subscription? No standalone licenses are available?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @mcowles

Did you perhaps install 1Password from the Mac App Store? The App Store version of 1Password is subscription only. 1Password 7 can be used with a v7 license when downloaded from our website.

https://1password.com/downloads/mac/

I hope that helps!

Ben

• I have the same issue (non-subscription) and I did not install this year. It's read-only with no edit, autofill, convert login etcetera. Can you walk mt hrough a reinstall?

• This reinstall from another thread fixed it.

I'm sorry for the trouble.

Also, I just noticed that it says Mac App Store
    That would be the problem. 1Password from the Mac App Store only works with 1Password.com membership accounts. It does not work with licenses. To use a license you'd need the version from our website. Please try these instructions:

Quit Safari
    Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    Empty the Trash
    Restart your Mac
    Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    Open 1Password
    Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins
    Let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Thanks for sharing @Zwerk. Glad that did the trick. If you're not already using a 1Password membership, now would be a good time to consider upgrading. Membership is the way forward with 1Password. We're unable to discuss individual pricing situations here in the forum, but I would encourage you to reach out to our billing team at [email protected] to discuss any considerations. They should be able to help you out.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file