Icons

How can I get the thumbnail icons associated with records to update in 1Password (or change them)? Some obvious ones (like Amazon.com, Home Depot, AAA, Google) are missing icons.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Liazard,

First of all, please make sure that you have Rich Icons enabled in 1Password 7 for Windows > Settings > Display > Use rich icons:

If this option is enabled, 1Password 7 for Windows downloads Rich Icons for the most popular websites automatically, based on the URL you add to a Login item:

If you don't have the website URL in your item, there will be no Rich Icon. Alternatively, you can also upload a custom icon to your item. In order to do that, edit an item in 1Password 7 for Windows and click an arrow button next to the icon:

Let me know what you find on your side. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• On Greg's behalf, you are most welcome, @Liazard! :chuffed:

• joebinis
    joebinis
    Community Member

What is the range of icon file sizes that we should put in there?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @joebinis,

PC setups are quite different these days, so you can use whatever works best for you with your display/hardware settings. I would not recommend to put large icons there, but you can check the sizes up to 512x512 and let us know which one works.

Let me know if I am missing the question, though. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• OregonRider
    OregonRider
    Community Member

Where does 1PW store the icons? I have an insurance company that I have two logins for. One is for logging into their website. The other is where I store my insurance card data. I want the icon from the login to also be used for my insurance card data.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @OregonRider,

Rich Icons are cached in your local database of 1Password 7 for Windows. Please note that if 1Password didn't get a Rich Icon from the URL in your item (or your item doesn't have a website field), you will need to add a custom icon to your item. In my reply above I explained how you can do it.

Please let me know if it helps. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.