Empty password items showing up in 0.8.6 update [Confirmed]

SystemSystem

Team Member
edited September 15 in Linux Beta
This discussion was created from comments split from: 🎉1Password Development Preview 0.8.6.

Comments

• Some logins appears with no data, apart that they are under password, and I only have 2 passwords, so has to be login data.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the error is appears in this version

I removed the configuration and reset, and items reappeared

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hi @netoak,

Thanks for taking the time to report this. I've moved your post into its own thread, so we can focus on the issue.

Can you elaborate on you think they have to be Login data? They could be password items that you've generated within 1Password, plus they all have password icons. Do you think maybe they were password items that were converted to be Logins?

In addition, if you change the sorting to Date Created in your item list, do these items have a date by any chance?

• netoaknetoak
    edited September 15

Thanks for moving to a new thread

If I review my data in my phone, or in the web for example, I only have 2 passwords saved. So that's because I assume that items could be logins, but I'm not 100% sure

If I sort by Date Created this is what appear:

Also I see this items that I'm not sure where they come from because it has it's own entrance in login area

And another clue, If I check in my private vault these items doesn't appears, only appears in "All Items" section

Team Member

@netoak, thanks.

I think I know what it could be, I also found a few in my account. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Team Member
    edited September 15

@netoak, I was able to track down and confirmed the issue. What you're seeing is the generated password items from your 1Password X's Generator History vault. If you generate a new password item using the 1Password X browser extension, you'll see a new one popped up in your 1Password for Linux's item list.

We made some changes related to this in the last update but it isn't yet ready for public use, it's why you only see it in All Items, it is including that vault when it shouldn't.

We'll fix the rendering issue of the said items and remove the vault from All Items for the moment. (We have plans in this area, it's just not yet ready).

ref: dev/core/core#2808

• Ok. Thanks for your support and I'm glad to help you!

Team Member

You're welcome! Thanks again for helping us!

• dtearedteare Agile Founder

Team Member

Great catch! Thank you for reporting this, @netoak. 🤗

I worked hard to ensure that the password history vault never appeared in the sidebar, and it didn't. But I forgot to check the item list! 🙂 I was able to recreate the problem on my machine and have a fix in mind. This should be resolved in next week's release.

Thanks again for the report! ❤️

++dave;

• As all you say in the new version bug has been fixed. Thank all of you! :)

Team Member

Thank again for reporting it, @netoak. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file