Welcome screen in 1Password 7

SystemSystem

Team Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: After updating to the new extension in Safari 14, 1Password no longer works.

Comments

• I upgraded Safari yesterday to v14. Today I tried to go to my AmExp account using the 1Password app on my iMAC and all it would do was bring up a "Welcome to 1Password7"s screen saying to "Subscribe Today". I went to the Safari extension and a whole new screen came up, but would not fill in my ID and PW. I have owned a stand alone 1Password for years. Am I being pressured into subscribing to yet another paying monthly account? Are you going to fix this so I can again use my 1Password? Am not a happy camper.
    John H.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@jwhitchcock

What version of 1Password is your standalone license for?

Ben

• My 1Password is v 7.6 (70600006).

JohnH.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@jwhitchcock

Thanks for that. Could you please also let me know which version your license is for? 1Password licenses are generally valid for a single major version (e.g. 1Password 6 for Mac, 1Password 7 for Mac, etc).

Ben

• My License is for v 7, purchased on June 7, 2018. It is a little gold password icon.

John H.

• Went back to forum and my comments and your answers did not appear. Am now back to your email and there they are. Did I do something wrong?

John H.

• I have tried to quit 1Password by right clicking the 1P icon in safari, but the "quit 1Password completely does not appear. Only see "Manage Extensions" and "Customize Tool Bar". How do I quit 1P completely?

John H.

• Found the 1P icon into menu bar. Right clicked on it and found the "Quit 1Password Completely" and clicked it. 1P on iMac went off. Turned it back on and still 1P won't work. Just get the welcome sign again and the extensions in safari don't work. Pulls up a small version of 1P as on main app screen. No fill and run option available.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@jwhitchcock:

Did you download 1Password 7 from our website or from the Mac App Store? If you are not sure, you can check this by opening the 1Password app and click on 1Password next to the Apple logo, in the top left corner of your screen, and selecting About 1Password. In the window that appears, it will tell you where this current app was downloaded from.

• The About says it was downloaded from the App Store. My retained Invoice says v 7 for Mac was purchased via FastSpring, order #1PA180607-9287-23391 and tells me to visit 1Password.com/downloads to download 1Password. Then down load the license about and then to double click and apply. I just now double clicked on the little icon that I downloaded in 2018 and another in 2020 and both brought up a statement saying that the 1passport I have does not accept a license. I don't have anything saying I purchased from the app store. However, my revisions to v 7.6 came through the app stores update I think. I will look for something from the app store.

John H.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@jwhitchcock:

Thank you for the confirmation! This explains why you are seeing this. Please download the 1Password app from our website instead: the license you purchased cannot be applied to the Mac App Store version of the app, but only to the version downloaded from our website when you double click on it :+1:

• I have found an install package for v7.5 along with a license icon for May 2020. I checked my app purchases and there is a 1Password 7 - Password Manager listed for Sep 20, 2019.

John H.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@jwhitchcock:

Please download the latest version of the app directly from our website, so you also get the latest version of the app, instead of installing an older version ;) The license you purchased can be applied to the latest version too.

• I will try to download it from your web site and install. I will get back to you if I have problems installing it. Thanks.

John H.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
    edited September 18

Thanks for the update @jwhitchcock. Just to reiterate: the App Store version of 1Password for Mac only works with 1Password memberships. It doesn't work with licenses. To use a license with 1Password 7 it must be installed from our website, not from the App Store. Please let us know how it turns out after installing from our website.

Thanks!

Ben

• I downloaded 1P from your web site and installed it. Opened the app and all my stuff came up. And the app said I was licensed and it was from the 1Password Store. I don't get the "Welcome" box any more when I use a password. However the Safari extension does not work. Does not come up when clicking on the icon in safari. When clicking the icon in the Menu bar with the left key nothing happens, but when clicking with the right key the box opens and you can do preferences and quit the app like before. Will try to get the extension to work. I checked my Safari extensions and 1P is checked and should work. Any suggestions to fix?

Thanks again to all for the help.

John H.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@jwhitchcock:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to [email protected], so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file