New user, stuck at Start my Trial on mac having paid for a years subscription

I purchased 1Password through the App Store on Mac and downloaded it. When I start it gives me a button saying "Start my Trial" or options for returning users to connect. So the only thing I can do is click on the Start my Trial button. This takes me through confirming that I do have a subscription but then takes me back to the same place. How do I get to the point I can use this?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac latest OS
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Stuck at Start my trial - just loops asking me for a secret key i don't have

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @FrancesMaynard!

If you have already created your 1Password account, you should not start a new trial. Instead, in the first window you see, you can select the 1Password.com option in the returning users section to login to the 1Password account you have already created :+1:

• Ah, I now understand the problem a bit better. I have an account on 1Password support not on 1Password itself (I hadn't realised they were different). So, please can you explain how, having purchased an annual subscription through Apple App Store i am supposed to be able to use 1Password? I don't have a secret key and am in an endless loop here?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@FrancesMaynard:

Ah, I now understand the problem a bit better. I have an account on 1Password support not on 1Password itself (I hadn't realised they were different).

Correct, the 1Password support forum and the 1Password.com accounts are separate :+1:

So, please can you explain how, having purchased an annual subscription through Apple App Store i am supposed to be able to use 1Password? I don't have a secret key and am in an endless loop here?

When you signed up for a subscription on your machine through the App Store, did you go through the steps to create an account, or did you just activate a subscription? In other words, did you get to the point were you were asked to choose your Master Password for your account?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file