Search cannot be deleted in some cases

tunixtunix
edited September 22 in Linux Beta

Hi,

I search something like "amazon" inside the search bar and my items are filtered accordingly. The category sidebar now also shows the keyword I've typed. When I delete the keyword I write from the main search bar nothing really happens and category sidebar still shows the keyword I've searched previously. The issue occurres when I try to click on the X button on the sidebar to terminate my search and return back to the items list. The X button (in this particular case) does nothing.

I've also recorded a video of this issue and will send it over if required. Please let me know about how I can send it over. Thanks!

Note: I've also started 1Password from CLI to check whether it's printing any errors. It doesn't.

1Password Version: 0.8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu Linux 20.04.1 LTS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hi @tunix,

Thanks for reporting this. This is a known issue and will be addressed in a future update.

ref: dev/core/core#2660

• rcorkrcork Junior Member

I found another bug related to search and the "x" to clear the search from the filtered list. If you search for something that will return more than 1 item, then select any item other than the first one, then click the "x" above the results, the focus moves back to the first item but the search isn't cleared.

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hi @rcock,

Thanks for the additional information. It is the same bug at the moment, I suspect the app is trying to select the first item in the item list after clearing the search results. However, since the item list never got cleared, it selected the first item in the search results list.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file