Import icon from URL

Options

Hi,
I found the old discussion on this topic https://1password.community/discussion/86368/import-icon-from-url
Has there been any progress since?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mzel,

I do not have any news about this feature at this moment. I know it sounds like an easy option to implement, but there are many things that we have to take into account here, considering that this option will be new to 1Password everywhere (we do not have it in 1Password 7 for Mac either).

We are working really hard to improve 1Password and make 1Password experience consistent across platforms. We didn't forget about it, but right now we have some bigger fish to fry. :chuffed:

If you have any further questions on this matter or any other questions, let me know. We will do our best to help. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member
    Options

I still do not get the current behavior. In some cases I see it pulled from the website. In some I see a generic keyhole icon.

• Blake
    edited September 2020
    Options

Currently, whenever you add an URL to an item within 1Password -- we download the icon from two different cache servers, depending on which version of 1Password you’re using: cache.agilebits.com (Cachefly) or c.1password.com (Cloudfront) and then it's available there within 1Password for Windows.

Depending on how long ago that Rich Icon was added, it might be a smaller/lower quality Rich Icon. That's likely the difference you're mentioning.

This discussion has been closed.