Unlock with Yubikey?

SystemSystem

Team Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: Feature Request: Unlock 1Password with a security key (yubikey).

Comments

• Windows Hello support is interesting, what about something similar for Linux with the new 1Password for Linux?

Does 1Password support Yubikey Neo on iOS? The official Yubico Authenticator app doesn't list Yubikey Neo as compatible either but it is via NFC in the same way as Yubikey 5 NFC is.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @tomgibson

On Linux we're using Polkit to enable unlocking via non-Master Password 'things.' The short answer here is that you should be able to unlock 1Password on Linux using any method you are able to use to unlock your Linux user account. If you decide to give it a try we'd be very interested to hear the results!

Ben

• That sounds neat, I'll give it a go :-)

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

That sounds neat, I'll give it a go :-)

Great!

And sorry, I just realized the second part of your message was about iOS not Linux. Blame it on not enough coffee yet. :)

Does 1Password support Yubikey Neo on iOS? The official Yubico Authenticator app doesn't list Yubikey Neo as compatible either but it is via NFC in the same way as Yubikey 5 NFC is.

The supported devices for iOS are quite strict. If a device isn't listed, it likely isn't compatible. That said, if you try one not listed and find it works, please do let us know. We'd be happy to be able to expand the list.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file