1Password Mac 6.8 swapping to Windows

Hi All,

I am a longtime outright purchaser of 1Password ever since v3 or 4.
I own an outright copy of v6 and for a long time have been using Mac OS.
My desktop MAC is running 6.8 perfectly fine and all my passwords are working although browser integration stopped sometime ago.

I have purchased a new windows machine and cannot figure out how to open up my 1Password file that is stored in my Dropbox account.
I have tried with both 1Password 7 which not currently licensed for and the old v4 which is on the website.

Could someone please assist me with gaining access again to my account and assisting me with what the option is purchasing outright for both windows & mac version vs subscription to make an educated decision.

Additionally would like to understand what the option is to upgrade my existing 1Password file to newest version so I may continue to operate without losing passwords.

I would like to continue to access 1Password on MAC running El Capitain, Windows 10, Android & iOS ecosystem which is why I chose 1Password originally.

Look forward to hearing from the community and support team members to resolve this much postponed and now much required upgrade.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @itconstruct

I apologize for the delayed reply here. 1Password 6 is not compatible with modern versions of Safari, as Safari's extension system changed (with Safari 12, I believe). That may explain some of the difficulty you're seeing. We're no longer advertising licensing for 1Password. The way forward is with a membership, which you can read more about here:

About 1Password membership

We have a guide on how to migrate your existing data to membership here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

One of the benefits of this arrangement is that you get access to the latest versions of the 1Password apps from all of your compatible devices without having to individually license each version on each platform. This can be a pretty huge boon especially for someone like yourself using a diverse array of devices.

Since everything is currently copasetic on the Mac I'd recommend having that be the first device you take through the process. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file