Trying to decide what to get.....

We are a family of 3 with too many devices... lol. We have 3 iPhones, 3 iPad Pros, 3 HP Laptops. Xbox, and two Apple TV boxes. And about 200 different accounts from banking, to websites... We also have had two cases of stolen credit cards, and numerous email and social media hacks. We believe it’s the same person. My former stepdaughter. But never can prove it. She got ejected from school for hacking their system. And served jail time. She is not in our family anymore. We want our devices safe. I have everything to protect from viruses and such but I need security for the accounts and passwords on all our devices. What would be best a family account or separate accounts? My son is 17 and will be going to college next year. Also how easy is it to transfer info in my keychain to 1P? I also will need to change our passwords. We have been getting messages about they are too weak. I am good with computers but this seems like it will be hours of work for me. Thanks for any advice and information. Take care.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @AdamGH

I apologize for the delayed reply here. I'd be happy to make a recommendation. It sounds like 1Password Families would be a good fit, as it'll give your family of three access to the latest versions of 1Password on all of their compatible devices. Additionally each person will get their own account within 1Password Families, with a 'Personal' vault attached to each. This is a great place to store passwords that only that individual should have access to. It is possible to also create shared vaults which can be shared between one or more people for things like the family WiFi password, Netflix account, and the like.

As for bringing in your existing passwords from iCloud Keychain, one of our community members has written a tool that may help with that. You can read more here:

Moving to 1Password from another password manager — 1Password Forum

Unfortunately iCloud Keychain doesn't offer any export options, so this would be the only way to do that, for now. Additionally we have a guide on changing passwords to make them stronger available here:

Change your passwords and make them stronger

Normally we don't encourage people to sit down and change all of their passwords at once, but your situation sounds a bit different from normal. If you're concerned someone may have some of your passwords it is likely worth taking the time to do that.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file