How do I get rid of NAG screen when logging in with 1Password browser extension??

jgault
jgault
Community Member

I am a v7 1password license holder. I am trying to get 1p to run on my Brave browser on a Mac. I installed the desktop extension version in the browser and it works OK, but EVERYTIME i login to a site and enter my password, I get a damn nag screen that prompts me to buy a subscription which I don't want or need and I can't get it to go away! Please tell me how to get rid of this prompt. Are you moving completely to a subscription model? Sure looks like it. I can't find information about licenses anywhere on your site. If so, I'll just move on. I don't want to RENT my software. Thanks, Steve Patton

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS 10.15.7
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:use browser with license for 1password 7

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jgault! Welcome to the forum!

We are still supporting standalone licenses, so that is not the problem here ;) The behavior you are seeing suggests that you have not applied your 1Password license to the app: without the license applied, 1Password won't be able to fill your credentials on webpages. What do you see if you click on the 1Password 7 menu in the menu bar > License... entry?

• jgault
    jgault
    Community Member

I've looked through all the dropdown menus in the app and see no place for a license number. Apparently I purchased it from the Apple App Store. In the 1Password entry in 1Password itself, there is a little round lock icon with text that says "1Password 7 License.onepassword7-license-mac Is that the key, and is there a way to activate it? Thanks for your help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jgault:

I've looked through all the dropdown menus in the app and see no place for a license number.

That is the issue then :)

In the 1Password entry in 1Password itself, there is a little round lock icon with text that says "1Password 7 License.onepassword7-license-mac Is that the key, and is there a way to activate it?

That's the license file, yes. Now you just need to make sure that you install the 1Password app from our website, not from the Mac App Store. Standalone license can only be applied to the version of the app downloaded from our website, the Mac App Store app does not support them.

Once you have downloaded the app from our website and applied the license to it, you will be able to fill credentials on websites once again :+1:

• jgault
    jgault
    Community Member

Thank you much for your help! That indeed solved my issue, and now I no longer see the nag screen, which was my goal. Oddly, 1Password 7 was functioning well, it just kept throwing up the nag to subscribe every time I logged in somewhere. After reading a couple articles written by your team members, re subscriptions vs license, the idea of subscribing now makes more sense to me and I will certainly consider it in the future. Again, thank you for your help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @jgault! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.