Help suggestions on using 1password always wrong? where is "invitations?" not in app OR browser

Options
thecodercody
thecodercody
Community Member

I feel like I spend more time trying to work my way through the 1password labrynth than if I just reset passwords every time I logged in anywhere. None of the help articles I've ever read have ever been accurate in any way. The trouble I'm struggling with now is adding or deleting family members. It shouldn't be so hard for somebody who makes software himself, I think, but I've spent an hour now reading how to do this, and I've concluded that it might not be possible, as I got a message a while ago suddenly it wouldn't sync to the browser for a while and it never worked again, so probably this was deprecated too or something.

I've pushed every single thing i could click on in both the app and browser, I think. There is no "People" in any sidebar, left, right, up, or down, and there is no "invitations" in any sidebar, nor list of family members, nothing. This is incredibly frustrating. I need to delete somebody who has access to my information, and between inaccurate help articles and Google's massive failing to be helpful in 2020, it's so time consuming and there's just no way to figure out how to do it, and I can't speak to anyone, either. I'm sure somebody will get back to me, but I'll have already suffered the loss as I need it now.

How do I do this simple thing? Add and remove family members? I see a family member on my home screen when I log in, but when I click it, it opens up to the vault and fails to show anything about other members. I click "people" in the help section, which makes me log in every time even if already logged in, then refreshes and changes the url to /home. If I change it manually, it just makes me log in and refresh again. There is no sidebar that says anything related. I'm worried about this person stealing my information and 1password seems to be working hard to prevent me from being able to stop them. These same odd ux/software design choices seem to add so much work for me every time I change anything on 1password that I avoid it in my mind because I know it's a massive chore to endure without any help - and for purely artificial reasons that don't need to be. Why can't I just remove people easily like I obviously should be able to do and would want to do? Why do I have to type this all up because nobody can help and lots of false help articles are published - or real ones that are never updated?

Sorry to vent a little but this is so irritating that I find myself PAYING for this headache that exists just because it was made to be this way.... please understand. Any help is appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 1.22.4
OS Version: macOS 10.15.6
Sync Type: 1password families
Referrer: forum-search:Help suggestions on using 1password always wrong? where is "invitations?" not in app OR browser

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2020
    Options

Hi @thecodercody!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible, so we can keep the entire discussion in one place.

I have also added a link to this forum discussion so whoever responds to your email will know about your questions here too :+1:

Thank you for your patience!

ref: DYS-26542-658

This discussion has been closed.