Link Family subscription to 1Password for Business

I've been a 1Password user since before the move to the subscription model. I was an early adopter of the 1Password Families subscription and have been renewing my license ever since. As a result am still enjoying the "Families Launch Special" subscription.

My company is currently running a trial of 1Password Business. I understand that this includes a free 1 Password Families subscription. I know that I can apply this to my existing account from the "My Profile" section of my business account.

I have the following questions:
1. Would there be any implications if I already apply this to my existing account, and my company would decide against a 1Password Business subscription by the time the trial ends? Or would it simply be better/safer/easier to wait until a final decision has been made?
2. Would I keep the benefits of my early-adopter "Families Launch Special" if apply the free subscription to my existing account?
3. What happens if my company decides to end the subscription, or if I decide to leave the company and loose my free account? I assume I can then start paying for my subscription again, but would I still be entitled to the "Family Launch Special"?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @TwinTraveller!

1. Would there be any implications if I already apply this to my existing account, and my company would decide against a 1Password Business subscription by the time the trial ends? Or would it simply be better/safer/easier to wait until a final decision has been made?

It would be safe to apply the promotion to the account: it would not change the plan you are using, it would just stop requiring payments until the Business subscription is also active.

1. Would I keep the benefits of my early-adopter "Families Launch Special" if apply the free subscription to my existing account?

Yes, I believe there wouldn't be any changes to that.

1. What happens if my company decides to end the subscription, or if I decide to leave the company and loose my free account? I assume I can then start paying for my subscription again, but would I still be entitled to the "Family Launch Special"?

Correct. And if for some reason you don't see the Family Launch Special anymore, please reach out to us and we will be able to add it back to your account manually :+1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file