How do I disable the 1Password update prompt after proprietary 2FA page?

Options
ramiro
ramiro
Community Member
edited October 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

I frequently use the "Mog Station" to login to various services related to Square Enix games, most often FFXIV, and this login process includes a "one time password" that you must obtain through their proprietary app. ( If it is possible to use 1passwords, that'd be amazing, but I don't think so ). The problem here is, after entering 2fa information to sign in, 1Password always prompts to update the password saved for the service – even though this isn't a password field. Is there a way to have it ignore this specific field or page?

1Password Version: 7.6 (70600005)
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1Password Account
Referrer: forum-search:one time password password update

Comments

• @ramiro,

To prevent 1Password 7 from autosave or update on a website, you can follow the steps.

Open the 1Password app > Select 1Password 7 in the menu bar > Preferences > Browsers > Paste the links of the sites you don't want to see in 1Password to the "Except on the following domains" text box.

I hope this helps answer your question. Please let me know if you need more information.

• ramiro
    ramiro
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like it to continue keeping track of user / pass on the domain though, would prefer to restrict the specific url. But this does help as a temporary solution!

• Hello @ramiro,

I am not sure I comprehend fully, but you should still be able to use 1Password to fill on the domain normally. You can also save a new login item on the domain with the following steps. 1Password only stops prompting for autosave on the URLs you add to the text box.

• ramiro
    ramiro
    Community Member
    Options

A domain vs a fully qualified URL differs like so:

example.com
    example.com/desired-resource
    example.com/some-valid-resource

If the feature impacts the entire domain (as it's written, but maybe behaves differently than what is explained) then all resources would be ignored, but I would like the specific qualified url (let's say the third example) to be excluded, but the rest of the urls at the domain to continue to watch for automatic updates of passwords.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ramiro:

Can you try adding example.com/some-valid-resource to the exception list in the 1Password settings, and let us know if you are still prompted to update your login information when you add your 2FA codes?

• ramiro
    ramiro
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Yup, confirmed, providing a fully qualified URL will still prompt me to update the user / pass on submission, but specifying the root domain will behave as expected.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ramiro ,

The exclusion list works with root domains only as far as I remember. If you need to change your username/password, you can still manually trigger the save prompt of 1Password like so: https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

That way, you can use the exclusion list to prevent 1Password from triggering that prompt, and then you will control manually when to trigger it if needed.

• ramiro
    ramiro
    Community Member
    Options

Right, I gathered as much which is why I considered this a good temporary solution, but it seems long term there should really be a feature implemented to allow for exclusion of specific pages or fields

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion @ramiro .
    I hope this solution will do for now!

This discussion has been closed.