how to switch from subscription to standslone license

Hi I have for some time used the subscription (family) but have no use for that - and want to change to the standalone license. How?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to switch from subscription to standslone license

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @boander

We're no longer advertising standalone licenses. They aren't referenced anymore anywhere on our website (except perhaps in our community, here). The better alternative if you don't need 1Password Families would be to downgrade to an individual membership. With that you would still have all of the benefits of membership without the expense of a multi-person membership. That said, you'd want to make sure that none of the other people on your family membership are relying on it before proceeding. The process to downgrade would include deleting their accounts, including all data stored within.

To switch to an individual account, you’ll need to be the only person using your family membership. To delete any extraneous family members, please see this guide. If you’re the only one in your family account, follow these steps to switch to an individual account:

1. Sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
    2. Click Settings in the sidebar.
    3. Under Change Account Type, select “Use 1Password by myself” and follow the onscreen instructions.
    4. You’ll have access to all your items, and you’ll use the same Master Password and Secret Key to sign in to your account.

Your sign-in address will be my.1password.com. If you had a custom sign-in address before, you can print a new copy of your Emergency Kit, which will include your new sign-in address.

If there’s anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file