Autofill / browser integration not working on MS Edge, AS Mac Mini

juneax
juneax
Community Member

Hello,

I am setting up a new Apple Silicon Mac Mini, and the 1password 7.7 browser integration doesn't appear to work with Microsoft Edge. If I attempt to autofill any login information, I just get a message asking me to add 1password to Edge. I did remove the extension and reinstall, with the same results.

I initially received an error message about the browser not being verified (or something like that) but unfortunately I didn't get a screenshot of the message and it hasn't appeared again.

Please let me know what other info you need.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 11.0.1
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• rudy
    edited November 2020

@juneax,

can you confirm that ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft Edge/NativeMessagingHosts exists?

if it exists: in 1Password -> Help -> Troubleshooting -> Restart 1Password Extension Helper

does that path now have a 2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password.json in it?

• juneax
    juneax
    Community Member

That file does exist, yes. Screenshot attached.

• juneax
    juneax
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

Didn't see your edit, sorry. I clicked 1Password -> Help -> Troubleshooting -> Restart 1Password Extension Helper, but I don't see 2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password.json, or any other .json files for that matter after restarting the Extension Helper.

• @juneax,

If you navigate inside of that NativeMessagingHosts folder does that file exist?

• @juneax,

what if you mkdir -p ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts and then do the Restart 1Password Extension Helper menu item?

• juneax
    juneax
    Community Member

Ok, 2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password.json does exist at ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft Edge/NativeMessagingHosts. I also created the ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts directory, restarted both Edge and 1password in addition to the Extension Helper, but autofill still doesn't work I'm afraid.

• juneax
    juneax
    Community Member

...And now suddenly autofill works. I'm not sure what did it - I shut down the Mini for a bit, and when I booted it back up, it's magically working. I do now have a 2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password.json file in the ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts directory, so maybe that was it? At any rate, thanks for the help!

• toby17780
    toby17780
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

Same Problem here - after generating ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts folder now it works.
    Problem exists when no Google Chrome is installed. ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@juneax, @toby17780:

Thank you both for the update! I am glad to hear that Rudy's workaround helped :)

• c224
    c224
    Community Member
    edited December 2020

I had this same issue and recreating ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts was also the resolution. I nuked ~/Library/Application Support/Google entirely (and purposely) when I uninstalled Chrome.

Thanks for the help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update :)

This discussion has been closed.