Big Sur and app 2FA timing problems

Options
richardburt
richardburt
Community Member
edited November 2020 in Mac

Since the last update yesterday I'm having problem with the 1Password Desktop top bar shortcut.

When trying to log into apps (websites work without any problems) that have 2FA enabled (for me the TeamViewer app) and copying the 2FA code it is always rejected. The 2FA countdown timing is out as it starts from 20-odd seconds rather than 30 as it should.

The app that is running in the background is Parallels.

I've made a short video showing the problem here:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmI4Tu_UZdKU5utUfj8NL3X6iqq-Eg?e=aAT5SS

The problem is more noticeable on this video - check out the 2FA timings on both 1Password apps:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmI4Tu_UZdKU5utWs379sTGnagXeUQ?e=4rZ559

I have to fully open the 1Password app and get the correct 2FA code. The 2FA codes from both methods don't match!

1Password 7
Version 7.7 (70700015)
1Password Store

Comments

• richardburt
    richardburt
    Community Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

It was marked for moderation 12 hours ago after I made a few edits and it's still not reappeared.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• richardburt
    richardburt
    Community Member
    Options

Bump...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @richardburt!

Unfortunately I cannot see your recordings because it is asking me to login. In the meantime, can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you see the same behavior now?

• richardburt
    richardburt
    Community Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

Try again to share the second video which better shows the problem.

1P Desktop is running at the bottom of the screen and you can see the mini at the top. 2FA "seconds" countdown is wrong on the mini and correct on the desktop.

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0o7xiC-jtH41pYXxLvGRet3Bw#1password_problems

Also attached as a gif

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@richardburt:

Thank you! Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Are the codes back in sync now?

• richardburt
    richardburt
    Community Member
    Options

Tried that. I've also completely uninstall 1Password and reinstalled but still the same problem.

Mini 2FA code is out of sync with the Desktop app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@richardburt:

I located an internal issue where we collected some reports of this, it looks like this is a known issue to our developers. I have added your feedback to the list :+1:

ref: dev/apple/issues#5067

• richardburt
    richardburt
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @richardburt! If you have any other questions or reports, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.