Standalone license on Mac - documentation of what I can do with a license

JoshuaSJoshuaS
edited November 22 in Purchasing

Hello,

I am finally looking to upgrade from 6.8.9 and wanted to know what the standalone license in 7 allows for.
In 6, I bought a long time back, allowed me to use it on any O/S (Mac, Windows, Linux) for one person (me).
At the moment, I use an instanec on my personal Mac, my work Mac and a Work Windows 7 PC, all with independent local vaults.

I just wanted to know if this is the same with 7 ?

Thanks
Josh

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Local WLAN

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @JoshuaS!

In 6, I bought a long time back, allowed me to use it on any O/S (Mac, Windows, Linux) for one person (me).

We had separate licenses even back then (Mac and Windows only, since there was no Linux version), unless you purchased a bundle. We don't offer bundles, but we do have separate Mac and Windows license.

1Password 7 licenses are sold per user, per platform. So if you buy a license for 1Password for Mac, you can use it on every Mac you own, but it won't cover Windows PCs. For that, you need a license for 1Password for Windows too, which will also allow you to use 1Password on every Windows device you own.

• Hi @ag_ana, thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I bought a bundle license back in 2015.

Thanks for the info, spot on what I am after.

Thanks
    Josh

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

You are welcome @JoshuaS! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• @ag_ana,

Is there a link to buy the standalone license? I downloaded the 7 from your website - but I don't see a "Need a license?" option that I saw in a previous help article. :/ I would like to buy the standalone license.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @phxmac89 — Please reach out to our team at [email protected]. Standalone licenses aren't something we're advertising anymore but we'd be happy to help explore the options.

Ben

• phxmac89phxmac89
    edited November 24

@Ben, oh! I saw the official article for it stating that you could still do it.

https://support.1password.com/upgrade-mac/

I guess it hasn't been updated yet.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@phxmac89

As I say it isn't something we're advertising, but we can help via email. :+1:

Ben

• Yes sir! Emailed them yesterday. Thank ya!

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Perfect; thanks! :)

Ben

• Why is pricing for stand-alone no longer displayed on the website?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file