Suggestion How about allowing firefox-linux to install the extension

How about allowing firefox-linux to install the extension (not 1passwordX)?
There isn't any reason that's obvious to me that would keep it from working. All my other extensions work cross-platform.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @Doctor_Dan

The non-1Password X extension requires a supported desktop app to communicate with. It doesn't actually store any 1Password data itself. 1Password for Linux doesn't (yet) support communicating with browser extensions. As such even if you could install the extension on Linux, it wouldn't work. 1Password X is the recommended browser extension for 1Password on Linux.

Ben

• Thanks. Do you forsee the linux app communicating with the browser?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

One of our founders, Dave, has mentioned that we're planning on bringing Desktop App Integration (or, whatever we'll call it at that point) to 1Password X such that it can communicate with 1Password for Linux. So, yes, there will be an extension that will integrate with 1Password for Linux.

If things go according to plan we should have a new beta of 1Password X later this year with Desktop App Integration reborn, along with betas for Mac, Windows, and Linux to pair with it. 🤞

Ben

• nake89nake89
    edited March 13

Sorry for my ragequit message previously. Got it to work by reinstalling the firefox extension. Please do the same, if you also have issues with the firefox extension on linux. You first need to install the desktop app and then install the firefox extension.

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member
    edited March 15

Hi @nake89, I'm glad to hear that the communication between Firefox and the 1Password for Linux beta is working for you! I've been really enjoying this feature now that it's been rolled out.

If you run into any further issues or if I can help with anything, let me know! :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file