Linux Beta Crashing on Setup

Was excited to see a Beta for Linux, so I tried it out on my Ubuntu 20.04 box with sudo apt install 1password but it crashes every time I do the initial setup manually or through the website after I enter the 2FA code prompt. The app just disappears. But when I open it again, it asks me to setup questions again like it's the first time. When I login to 1password.com through a browser, I do see a history of successful logins from the Linux box in my profile under Authorized Devices, so that part is working, but the actual app is not working.

Here's the log file contents:

$ cat ~/.config/1Password/logs/1password_rCURRENT.log
INFO 2020-12-02T22:20:28.506 op_executor:invocation_loop [op-app/src/app.rs:128] App::new(/ (EN_US), Some())
INFO 2020-12-02T22:20:28.535 tokio-runtime-worker [op-db/src/sqlite/db.rs:93] Database is being created at
INFO 2020-12-02T22:20:28.607 op_executor:invocation_loop [op-app/src/app/backend/config.rs:37] Settings changed.
INFO 2020-12-02T22:21:28.634 op_executor:invocation_loop [op-updater/src/lib.rs:86] Checking for updates...
INFO 2020-12-02T22:21:28.634 op_executor:invocation_loop [op-updater/src/lib.rs:87] No updates were found for channel.

1Password Version: 0.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 20.04.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hi @conr,

Thanks for writing in.

Can you confirm you're not using Duo and this is the 1Password multi-factor authentication you are using with 6 digits? We currently only support the default 1Password MFA type while the other MFA types will be implemented in time (we aim to do this before the first official stable release early next year).

If you can, try doing this to get more accurate logs:

1. Exit 1Password completely
    2. Open terminal and run the 1password command, it'll switch to real-time logging in the terminal after starting the app.
    3. Try to sign in again but this time, see if there are any specific errors in the terminal? If you can share that, we'll be able to tell you what the problem may be.
  • Thanks for the quick reply @MikeT!

It is not Duo enterprise pushes, but Duo iOS Mobile as my Authenticator app to generate my 1password 6 digit codes, XXX-XXX. Hey, doing the trusty "shutdown and restart" got it to work! Except now, 1Password X for Chrome extension just has a lock icon over it and won't do anything. It has access to read and change site data for "On all sites" but the Options is greyed out. Any ideas?

• BlakeBlake

Team Member

I see where you got things fixed up with our Extensions Team, so let us know if there's anything else we can lend a hand with! 💙

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file