export data in Ubuntu

Would like to export 1password data using Ubuntu is that possible in CSV or XML?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:would like to export 1password data using Ubuntu is that possible?

Comments

• Good question!

• BlakeBlake

Team Member
    edited January 4

The 1Password for Linux beta app maintains a single local copy of your 1Password data so that it is accessible if you access your app while offline.

If you're fine with using the 1Password command-line tool instead, you could always use op list items | op get item - > allitems.json within the CLI to export all of your data into a single .json file.

If you have a Windows or Mac device though, you can always export your data with the built-in export functions in both 1Password for Windows and 1Password for Mac, found here.

• Blake thanks much. New to 1password and didn't know about the CLI tool.

• BlakeBlake

Team Member

You're super welcome @tmccauley 💙

Let me know if there's anything else we can help with!

• Myself I ended up writing my own tool: https://github.com/andreaso/export-1password

Just a bit of Python code wrapping the CLI to generate a GnuPG encrypted tarball.

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member
    edited January 4

Hi guys,

I just want to clarify something; 1Password for Linux beta app has supported exports since the first alpha release, it is one of our core priority for this release. It is available via the File Menu > Export, you can press the alt key to view menu.

However, this export format is new and we don't have a tool to process/convert them outside of 1Password just yet.

For now, the 1Password CLI tool that Blake mentioned is the current best solution. We aim to improve this before the final release.

[Updated: clarified export encryption]

• andolandol
    edited January 4

@MikeT: Are you really sure about the Linux GUI client doing an encrypted export?

At least with the 0.9.7 version File --> Export gives me a .1pux file, which is just a zip file, where the included export.data file contains all the secrets in plain text.

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member
    edited January 4

Hi @andol,

No, I had that mixed up. An encrypted version (.1pex) is also coming in a future update for that same format, it currently only exports as the decrypted format right now.

The tool is still coming for both formats to be able to convert or decrypt depending on what you want to do with it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file