I do not have an option to add family to new Family Account

Jfite64
Jfite64
Community Member

Hi. I have recently signed up for a Family account. I already have an individual acct (via Apple) that I've imported one vault. When I log into the Family Account, i do not have an option in the sidebar to invite family.

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot add family

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jfite64! Welcome to the forum!

When I log into the Family Account, i do not have an option in the sidebar to invite family.

Are you logging into your Families account on the website, or inside the 1Password app on your device?

• Jfite64
    Jfite64
    Community Member

Thx. I'm using a browser to access my account. My app (iOS) does now show the combined vaults of essentially 2 accounts (original individual and new family one), but access via a browser does not show an option to add family.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Jfite64:

Thank you for the confirmation. Can you please post a screenshot of what entries you see in the menu when you login to your account on 1Password.com? For reference, this is what it looks like in my account:

• dixonmike20
    dixonmike20
    Community Member

I have the same issue. I’m using the app and I’m logged in. No option to add, remove or invite.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dixonmike20:

I have the same issue. I’m using the app and I’m logged in. No option to add, remove or invite.

You cannot add new family members from the app, you need to do it from the 1Password.com website :+1:

• dixonmike20
    dixonmike20
    Community Member

Thanks. For whomever writes the Help articles, The guide could be more clear in that regard.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the suggestion @dixonmike20 :+1:

• Jfite64
    Jfite64
    Community Member

@ag_ana Here is the right rail of the browser-accessed app...

• Jfite64
    Jfite64
    Community Member

@ag_ana Here is the right rail of the browser-accessed app... thank you.

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2020

@Jfite64

If you are looking to invite family, that option is only available by logging in to 1Password.com via a browser. It is not available via the app.

Additionally, you will not see that option if you initially subscribe through the app store. To upgrade your account, you would need to reach out to us via email using support@1password.com, and one of my colleagues can help you make the transition. That's necessary because we need to make backend changes. We do not answer account-specific questions in the forum/community. Please reach out to us for your privacy and security. :chuffed:

• Jfite64
    Jfite64
    Community Member

@ag_ana weirdly, I cannot attach a file or upload an image here....sorry but thanks for the help.

No options on the right rail (of the browser-accessed app), except for:

Home
    Billing

Thanks,

justin

• Jfite64
    Jfite64
    Community Member

@ag_ana Pls disreguard my last post; I figured out my problem. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @Jfite64! For future reference, what was the issue?

weirdly, I cannot attach a file or upload an image here....

Also, in case it's useful to anyone else, you can upload images here on the forum using the image upload feature here:

This discussion has been closed.