Mac App Store indicates 1Password is already installed [resolved]

So I just got a new computer at work. To set it up, I used Migration Assistant pointed to a bootable clone of my old system.

When I booted up the new system, almost every Mac App Store app that was open at the time I made my clone no longer worked. I got the infamous App Store "This app is damaged" message.

Of course, when this happens, the App Store won't let you reinstall the app until you delete all the traces of the old copy. So I got to work deleting all the preference files and Application Data folders for all those apps.

I've managed to do this for every app I've needed to, except for 1Password. I've deleted all the support files, run the Uninstall 1Password app, and even backed up and deleted my 1Password keychain, rebooting after every step, all to no avail: the Mac App Store app still says it's INSTALLED.

I'm at a loss now. What can I do to make the Mac App Store allow me to download 1Password again?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, 75th! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. This is a better question for Apple since the App Store is not controlled by us, but I'll try to help as much as possible.

There shouldn't be any need to remove any files other than 1Password.app in your Applications Folder. I'm sure you already removed it, but you didn't mention it explicitly. I just want to confirm for sure that you removed the application itself from your Applications folder. Please check both the system /Applications folder as well as the user ~/Applications folder if you have one.

The Mac App Store shouldn't indicate that any app is installed if the app itself is not installed. I do not believe it looks at all at any support or data files — only the app itself — to determine if an app is installed.

Could you post a screenshot of the exact error message you are seeing?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can ever be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
This discussion has been closed.